What you need to know BEFORE you list
1) I am a licensed real estate broker in Washington State and as a broker/member of the NWMLS & RMLS in Washington, I have full rights and privileges of all other broker/members. Your property will be listed in the Multiple Listing Service and will syndicate to public sites, just like all other mls listings (realtor.com, windermere, johnlscott, redfin, etc.)
2) Once you have created your account on my site and add the property info, you will need to submit the MLS data forms AND the Listing Agreement. You will receive these documents in your email through Docusign and will be able to electronically complete the forms AND E-sign. The Dept. of licensing and MLS require a listing file for each listed property. The MLS is a complete different system than my website, and your listing. I have to manually enter the listing into the MLS and will email you a copy with the mls listing to review for accuracy PRIOR to activating.. Additionally, the MLS doesn't allow a broker to advertise a property until it is active in the MLS, hence, your ad on my site will be activated when the mls listing is activated (the date you choose to have it activated).
3) I will copy the photos from my site for the MLS listing in the order you have them. Please allow one business for the processing of your listing. If you want the listing in before the weekend, send the forms to me no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday.
4) When you receive the forms through docusign, you will be able to fill in the percent or dollar amount you are offering to the buyer's agent. *NOTE that if your property is located in the NWMLS, then the Seller may offer ZERO commission in the. Read more here.
5) When completing the data forms, please leave blank those fields that you do not know, as that is info. I will know or can obtain easily from tax records.
6) YOU MUST notify me within 24 hours of an accepted offer AND also, when it closes (unless you choose the assistance with offers). The MLS will issue a fine if the listing status is not updated.
7) You will be provided with a change form to make future (free) changes to your listing, such as price or other. I will make those changes on the MLS within one business day and email you confirmation. HOWEVER, you will need to make those changes to the listing on my site yourself. Remember, the MLS is a different system than my website, and so when you make changes to your listing on the site, it DOES NOT change the MLS listing. You must email the change form, or email me what changes you have made that need to be updated on the MLS.
8) You will be the contact for agents to call with showings and/or offers to present. Please make sure to be available via phone and/or email. The seller's contact information does not populate to public sites, this is an MLS rule. Hence, I forward ALL buyer calls/emails to your email. Agents can see your phone number and showing instructions in the mls, however.
9) You can add your listing to any public site you see fit. With my service you are getting the best of two worlds, the MLS and advertising on your own. Its a database allowing realtors to access other members listings to show/sell and receive a buyer's agent commission if they successfully close on the transaction.
10) Read the Rules that must be adhered to per MLS rules
11) Read the Agency Law Pamphlet
If you have questions or would like to review the MLS listing forms and Agreement PRIOR to signing up, please email your property type and county to MLS@list4flatfee.com and we will send a reply email with those forms.