What you need to know BEFORE you list
1) I am a licensed real estate broker in Washington State and as a broker/member of the NWMLS & RMLS in Washington, I have full rights and privileges of all other broker/members. Your property will be listed in the Multiple Listing Service and will syndicate to public sites, just like all other mls listings (realtor.com, windermere, johnlscott, redfin, etc.)
2) Once you have submitted a listing order, you will receive an email with the MLS data forms and Listing Agreement. You will receive these documents in your email through Docusign and will be able to electronically complete the forms AND E-sign. The Dept. of licensing and MLS require a listing file for each listed property. I have to manually enter the listing into the MLS and will email you a copy with the mls listing to review for accuracy PRIOR to activating.
3) I will use the photos that you will provide when you place your mls order. Please allow one business for the processing of your listing after you have completed and signed the forms that I send through docusign. If you want the listing in before the weekend, I will need the completed/signed forms no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday.
4) When you receive the forms through docusign, you will be able to fill in the percent or dollar amount you are offering to the buyer's agent. *NOTE that if your property is located in the NWMLS, then the Seller may offer ZERO commission. Read more here.
5) When completing the data forms, please leave blank those fields that you do not know, as that is information we will know or can obtain easily from tax records.
6) YOU MUST notify us within 24 hours of an accepted offer AND also, when it closes (unless you choose the assistance with offers). The MLS will issue a fine if the listing status is not updated.
7) You will be provided with a change form to make future (free) changes to your listing, such as price or other. I will make those changes on the MLS within one business day and email you confirmation.
8) You will be the contact for agents to call with showings and/or offers to present. Please make sure to be available via phone and/or email. The seller's contact information does not populate to public sites, this is an MLS rule. Hence, I forward ALL buyer calls/emails to your email. Agents can see your phone number and showing instructions AND can use showing time in the MLS.
9) You can add your listing to any public site you see fit. With my service you are getting the best of two worlds, the MLS and advertising on your own. Its a database allowing realtors to access other members listings to show/sell and receive a buyer's agent commission if they successfully close on the transaction.
10) Read the NWMLS Rules that must be adhered to avoid a fine.
11) Read the Agency Law Pamphlet
If you have questions or would like to review the MLS listing forms and Agreement PRIOR to signing up, please email your property type and county to MLS@list4flatfee.com and we will send a reply email with those forms.